Translation: I provide translation services to public and private organizations needing high-quality Japanese-English translation in various fields, particularly the following:
- Economics and Finance: Economic forecasts, investment strategy, equity and currency markets, equity research in all industries, commercial and central banking, government finance, securities regulation.
- Law and Jurisprudence: All types of contracts, legal opinions, court decisions, complaints, briefs and depositions, business regulations, charters, minutes, etc.
- Public Policy and Current Issues: Government policy and regulation, development assistance, international law, demographic and societal issues or problems, disaster recovery, etc.
- Accounting: Financial statements, CPA opinions and reports, pensions, investor relations, updates and newsletters on accounting or pension policy or legislation.
- Japanese and Asian Culture: Materials relating to Japanese or Asian society, customs, lifestyle, traditions, social trends, etc.
- Natural Sciences: I am also pleased to consider assignments relating to natural science if written at levels aimed at the lay public or investing community. However, technical engineering, patent and similar materials lie outside the scope of my expertise.
Proofreading and Checking: I provide proofreading and translation checking services at hourly rates. Proofreading refers to correcting and improving English text without reference to the Japanese, if any. Proofreading is possible only if the original is readily intelligible. Translation checking refers to comparing a translation with the original to determine its accuracy. Checking usually requires considerably more time than proofreading, and if the translation is poor, it is usually more cost effective to retranslate the original. Finally, I regret that I can not offer translation certification services.
Copyright (c). All rights reserved.